Monday, July 30, 2012

Busy, Busy Summer

Hello friends.  How have y'all been?  Busy?  Me too.  Wanna see what I've been up to?


Isn't this Paris Cafe amazing?  It's so romantic.  I've been really busy around here so I've been actively dreaming about escaping there with my Hubby.  Of course, at this very moment in time, I can't even afford to drive to Dallas and do some school shopping much less hop a jet to Paris, so actively dreaming will have to do for now.  I'm living vicariously through all of those episodes of House Hunters International on HGTV.  That's probably as close to international travel as I'll ever get. 

In my non-dreaming real life I've been busy too.  Hubby's grandmother, Nannie, and Aunt were here for a week so we were busy visiting with them.  We played dominos and ate some wonderful meals, including brunch at Mimi's Cafe, which sparked the whole Paris cafe daydream.  Their cinammon brioche french toast was amazing!!! 

Nannie brought fresh purple hull peas from Texas.  I was so excited!!  We haven't had enough rain around here so nobody has had fresh peas.  You see, I have very fond memories of shelling peas when I was growing up.  I would shell peas with my mom.  We also shelled peas at my Aunt Nell's house growing up.  I remember sitting in her living room in the middle of the day shelling peas while she and my great grandmother watched General Hospital.  So, I thought it was time E learned to shell peas too.


She is such a good helper.  She did her fair share and loved helping.  She wasn't quite as excited as I was about the purple fingers that come from shelling peas.  I, on the other hand, loved it.

In other household news, E lost her first tooth.


Then two days later, she lost another one.  I mean, couldn't she have waited until payday?  Durn!  She was so excited that the tooth fairy visited.  She emptied her sad little piggy bank out on her bed to count all of her money.  She asked me how much a video game would cost.  I noticed that when I told her $30, she started counting her teeth in her mouth.  I quickly informed her that all the teeth in her head wouldn't buy a video game and she'd be stuck eating mashed potatoes for the next three years until all her teeth came back in.  Crazy kid! 

I've also been REALLY busy sewing.  I had several orders to fill last week and I finally got some stuff done for the girls room.  I need to order some more fabric, but it's still No Buy July.  Not even to mention that I have school supplies, new shoes and clothes to buy.  Thank God my mom is helping out or I might have to sell a kidney.  Durn!  Kids are expensive! 

Speaking of school, it starts in three weeks.  Wow!  That is just right around the corner.  I've got so much to do around here before then.  I better get started. 

Have a great day!





Signature

4 comments:

  1. It's good to see you posting! Your summer sounds fun but incredibly busy. I hope you'll share some of your sewing projects with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's almost school time again! We all think we will have more free time in the summer, but it seldom seems to go that way.
    I've missed your posts but know you have really had a full schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have fond memories of shelling peas and lima beans, and breaking up green beans in the summers. Of course, at the time it wasn't all that fun, but I'd sure like to be able to do that again back in the kitchen with the folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look on the bright side; There is only one day left of No Buy July. It hasn't been so bad, has it?

    I laughed RIGHT OUT LOUD about counting the teeth. That's the funniest thing! She's so cute to me.

    I had heard at the grocery store that there was a woeful shortage of peas because of drought conditions. Shucks. And I love peas.

    Hoping to see some of that fabulous FrouFrou design of yours and what you've done in the girls' room too.

    ReplyDelete