Saturday, September 12, 2009

Have I Mentioned I Have Strong Feelings for My Mailman?

It is true! I have VERY stong feelings for my postman, strong and very confusing feelings! Picture this: all is quiet in the house. It's around 1:00 p.m. and the kids are napping. Finally, a little quiet time. I can sew or do laundry, or finally eat lunch. I am enjoying the quiet when all of a sudden, without warning, BAM! BAM! BAM! on the door and then DING-DONG-DING-DONG on the doorbell! Startled, I jump up from my chair. I'm not sure whether to dial 911 or run to the door. I pause to think and then BAM! BAM! BAM! again. I run to the door just as the doorbell rings AGAIN! I open the door and there he stands, my 60ish mailman. He says nothing but shoves a package in my hands and mutters something under his breath as he turns and walks away. It sounds like, "Have a nice day". Are you kidding me? Have a nice day????? First of all, you scare me to death, probably woke my daughter from her nap with your banging and doorbell ringing and then you tell me to "Have a nice day"! UGH! I am so livid, I can't even utter a word in response. UGH! I shut the door and I am so made that I could SCREAM! I need to make a sign that says "Don't knock, if you wake the kids, they're going home with you!" Just kidding! Anyway, I look down to see I am holding something in my hands. It's a box. It's from JonaG! YEA! Look what that nice mailman brought me! Oh, wait a minute. For a split second I forgot I was mad! I'm not sure whether to run after him and hug him or run after him and give him a piece of my mind! My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a sleepy cry from my little one. So much for the quiet.




This is what that nice/annoying mailman brought me! Can't wait to get started on some cute Christmas stuff with this Christmas Snowflower fabric! YEA!

No comments:

Post a Comment