Thursday, February 16, 2012

Copycat Applebee's Maple Butter Blondie

When Hubby and I met and started dating, we lived in a small town with very few restaurants.  We often traveled to a nearby town on Friday nights to eat at Applebee's.  I liked their Club Croissant and I loved their Maple Butter Blondie.  Now, I usually don't go for desserts that aren't chocolate, but this was the exception.  I loved it and I've been searching for a similar recipe for bout ten years now.  I think I've finally found one that is pretty close.  I found the recipe here

Copycat Applebee's Maple Butter Blondie



Serves: 4 (or 1 if your really hungry!)
Ready In: Under 60 minutes
Ingredients:

Dough

1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour, sifted
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (or more if desired)
1/3 cup butter or margarine (melted)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips


Maple Butter Sauce
3/4 cup maple syrup (REAL maple syrup )
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
Dough
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to the already sifted flour. Then sift dry ingredients again.
Add chopped nuts and mix well. Set aside.
Add brown sugar to melted butter and mix well. Then add egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Add flour mixture, a little at a time, until mixed well.
Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread out dough in a 9-inch pan.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Use a toothpick or fork to test if it is cooked in the center.
Serve warm with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.


Maple Butter Sauce
In a pan, add real maple syrup and butter, cook over low heat until butter is melted. Next, stir in brown sugar until completely dissolved. If you desire, add walnuts.







Signature

5 comments:

  1. Um yeah, that sounds good. Thanks for the craving!!!:-)))) I wish I had the energy to make that, lol:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Looks amazing! I always look at the dessert menu there but then I get too filled on appetizers and the oriental chicken salad. Might need to save room next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is, without a doubt, one of our favorite desserts EVER! In fact, I found a similar recipe on the internet a couple of weeks ago and decided to make it. Have mercy! Served it up in a sizzling hot cast iron skillet. Nothing better, as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had theirs. Now, I want to try it. I might even try making it on my own. Of course, that's going to have to be after I claim victory over these gained pounds.

    It can be a reward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds and looks AMAZING! I sorta wish I could smell it through the computer!

    ReplyDelete