Monday, September 6, 2010

What Did You Do This Weekend?

What did you for Labor Day Weekend?  My sister threw my niece's birthday party Saturday at her in-laws lake house and a good time was had by all.  The kids all made their own ice cream in a bag.


K, C, J, and M getting their bags ready to mix.


The birthday girl shaking her bag...and her groove thang. 

The kids enjoyed swimming off the dock and sliding off the swim dock into the water.  Then after opening presents and blowing out candles,


we all ate some fabulous strawberry cake (or vanilla cake).   YUM!  

After the party, Hubby the kids and I headed back to my mom and dad's house and got ready for the first Razorback football game of the season.  Our "favorite cousins" were there for the weekend as well. 


                                         
Mom and "Favorite Cousin" Jamie.

Mom made tacos, Jamie made PW chicken enchiladas and I made guacamole, etc.  And with our bellies full, the Hogs won the game.  Actually, the Hogs stomped all over Tennessee Tech.  What a wonderful start to the football season!!  WOOOOO PIG SOOIE!

Okay, enough of that.  When the kids were worn out from all the hard play that day, they went down to the basement garage where their sweet Granddad had his brand new tent set up. 


E showing off the tent in her Hogs cheerleader outfit.  I think she has a real future as a Price as Right model.  HA!

C and J getting ready to go to sleep in the tent.


Granddad not only set up the tent, but slept in it with them.  SO FUN! 

So, what did you do this weekend?

Signature

11 comments:

  1. It seems weird to say this, but this weekend was mostly about me! (Yep, it DOES sound weird!!)

    Actually it was all about my birthday. I turned 47 yesterday, so we celebrated my birthday this weekend. Some dear friends had us over for dinner on Saturday night, so that kicked off the celebration early. Then we celebrated here at home yesterday. It was lovely!

    It looks to me like you had a WONDERFUL weekend! What a great way to kick off the football season. My husband has great memories of listening to Razorback games on the radio when he was a kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! We didn't do much; we're switching some bedrooms around, which is a huge mess...not so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! I used to throw my niece a birthday party on this weekend but they haven't come for a visit the past two years.

    I've been cracking the whip in this house. We did some deep cleaning and all the family pitched in - with a joyful heart. ;)

    Have a great Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun weekend!!! 3 cheers for sucha fun Granddad!!!! lucky kids!

    we camped & boated for our summer send off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang....Blogger ate my whole long comment. I'll summarize: food sounded amazing, very cool that your dad slept out in the tent with the kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome! Your family sounds like they take their football seriously, and how! I also think it was so cool that grandpa set up the tent and then slept there with the kids. So Cute!

    On Saturday, my family went to a christening at a Romanian Orthodox Church. Not a word in English! It was super hard to keep Little Dude from being an eensy bit disruptive... On Sunday, we all went to my dear friend's house and swam and shared dinner and said good-bye to summer. Today, Mr. Sahm and I finished a big project. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you had a great weekend! We went to the lake 3x and went biking twice. That's about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, fun, fun!! I love it that your dad slept in the tent with them!

    And ice cream in a BAG? I'm giggling. I am not going to even attempt that one.

    Did yours work???

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun weekend. How lucky for your children to have such a fun grandfather.

    Watched the GA Bulldogs on TV with my daughter and SIL on Saturday afternoon. Go Dawgs! Sunday dinner at mom's with the family followed by tablescaping with my sister. Helped my daughter hang some plates and made some napkins yesterday afternoon. Lots of fun and not too stressful.

    Hope your ice cream turned out better in the bag than the one we tried in the can!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a great time with all of you this weekend!!! I love your kiddos and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Like to see her get her guts crushed check out her pussy!

    ReplyDelete