Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Decor I Should've Made

Let me just start off  by saying that I had very good intentions of decorating for Easter.  I really did.  You see, I am not a good multi-tasker.  There I said it.  I am more of start one thing, finish it, start another thing kind of girl.  Because of this, I was focused on vacation and Spring Break.  Since Spring Break, I have been dealing with stuff at school, working at school, getting ready for Benchmark tests, IEP meetings at school, field trips, etc.  I haven't had any spare time to get ANY Easter decor going. 

I thought having all the kids in school would free up so much time to be crafty, blog more, have some "me" time, etc.  Well, it seems the opposite thing happened.  I work several days a week and spend the rest of my time desperately trying to play catch up.  That leaves very little time to be crafty, work out (hence the size of my rear end), or blog.  I hate that.  There just aren't enough hours in the day.

So, because I didn't get much cute Easter stuff done, I decided to make a list, with photos, of the stuff I would have done had I had the time.  I would like to start out with the ONE Easter crafty something from last year that I put back out this year. 


Yep, that's pretty much all of my Easter decor.  So, this is what I wish I would have made:


Isn't that cute?  I found it on Pinterest, but it wouldn't take me to a link and I couldn't make out the link on the bottom.  If it's yours, let me know.  I'd love to give you credit.


CUTE!  Also found this on Pinterest, but the link took me to some weight loss website.  RUDE!  Think someone is trying to tell me something? 


Aren't these decopauged eggs cute???  Love them.  These were made by Brown Paper Packages.  You can find the how-to post here.

My friend Debbie at Words on Wheels gave the decopauge eggs a try.  Hers are super cute. 

See her blog post here.

I probably would've ended up tossing them across the room in frustration though.  I don't have much patience when stuff is sticking to my fingers.  ugh! 

One more thing that I just love is this He Is Risen cross.  It was made by Lauren at Crafty Couture and it is just PRECIOUS!  Polka dots, burlap and the words "He is Risen".  It just doesn't get any better than that!


Isn't that the cutest???  You can find Lauren's blog here.

Well, I guess that's about it for the shoulda, coulda, woulda Easter blog post.  I hate I didn't get much done in the way of decor, but at least I finished E's Easter dress.  It's made out of this:


Have a great Easter weekend!
Signature

5 comments:

  1. My Easter decorating consists of foil wrapped mini chocolate eggs in a bowl with some bunny candlesticks and 2 Lindt gold chocolate bunnies. Seriously. I let the candy aisle do my decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you - planning ahead with ideas for next year! ;) If it makes you feel any better, I just took down my St. Patty's day garden flag yesterday. Yup, April 5th. As you said, there are only so many hours in the day and some times other things are just more important. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eh don't worry about it! You had a fun vacation istead! Have a great holiday !

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that fabric! And the projects you should have done are great! I have lots of those too. And no Easter decor up, and actually, I still have my framed Valentine's Day subway art up...how pathetic is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is really hard to juggle family and work responsibilities and have any time left over for creative fun. Be proud that you made a dress for E out of that cute fabric. Be sure to post a picture so that we can see it!

    ReplyDelete