Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mother's Day and School Is Almost Over!

Did y'all have a good weekend and a good Mother's Day?  I did!  I do realize that I should've posted this on Monday, but I was up to my ears in 5th graders, so it just didn't happen.  This is my only day off this week so I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. 

My Mother's Day was wonderful!  We went to church with my parents and then to mom's for lunch.  The men (Hubby, my brother and my dad) cooked lunch, my Hubby made the kids' plates so I didn't have to and they cleaned up afterward.  The girls (mom, sis and I) sat on the porch and talked and watched the kids play.  It was heavenly.  Best Mother's Day EVER! 

Me, mom, Kelly and Mark

After eating our yummy grilled chicken, pork chops, baked potatoes, salad, and dessert, we took the kids down to the lake.  They couldn't wait for their first swim of the season.  They even decided to tube.  Fun!

J, E and M on the tube

I'm so excited that summer is almost here!  WOO HOO!  However, I am not excited about actually putting a swimsuit on this very large white body.  I think maybe we should go back to the kind of bathing suits they wore back when things were a little more modest. 

yahoo images

What do ya think?  Alright, maybe it would be a little hard to ride the tube in a dress.  It looks a little uncomfortable too.  Hmmm.  Guess I'll have to try that whole diet business again.  UGH!  I haven't had time to go to the gym in MONTHS!  Maybe after school is out for the summer, I can get off my big white butt and burn some calories. 

Speaking of school, we have six more days left.  We are also getting ready for the girls' dance recital so I'll probably be a little scarce for a few days.  I'm so looking forward to school being out.  I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say that.  I am actually looking forward to being home with the kids for a little while.  I wonder how long it will take for that feeling to wear off? 




Signature

2 comments:

  1. 6 days?? You can do it! Glad you had a great Mother's Day. I'll bet that water was cold, but kids never seem to mind that. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful picture of your mother and her "kids." You all have such great smiles. I used to look forward to summer just so I didn't have to make school lunches for a while!

    ReplyDelete