Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Applique Christmas Towel

So, as I mentioned yesterday, Hubby was sick this weekend so we didn't get to attend his Nannie's 85th birthday party OR his cousin Amy's Christmas party, as we had planned.  We really hated to miss it.  Amy had mentioned that at her party, we were to bring White Elephant/Dirty Santa gifts.  Y'all know that game, right?  Where everyone opens a gift one at a time and then you can trade depending on what number you draw?  Y'all know that game?  Anyway, lots of people bring silly gifts, like rolls of toilet paper or a Slinky, but I always want to bring something nice, maybe a nice candle or a cute mug with a Starbucks gift card.  I decided that I would make something this year.  This is what I decided on.



An applique Christmas tree towel.  Isn't it cute?  I got decent reviews for the DishWitchy Towel I made for Halloween, so why not a Christmas one, right?  Anyway, since the party was last weekend, I thought it would be plenty of time to display it for Christmas.  Too bad we missed the party, but I still love the towel.  Wouldn't they make great gifts for teachers or neighbors or just anybody who has a kitchen?  I always cook for teachers so this would be great along with their cookies and candy!  I gotta get busy making more.  Christmas is just around the corner. 

Okay, friends, gotta go get ready to see Michael Buble tonight.  WOO HOO!

I'm linking up to Thrifty Gifty @ Homebody Holly, Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous, Maggie's Grown Up Crafts Handmade Holidays and:
 cg holiday button 
Visit thecsiproject.com  giveaways  




Party Button

   





Get your craft on Thurs.
 



   Chic on a Shoestring Decorating  

calm+breeze+banner+friday.jpg


 




Signature

19 comments:

  1. This towel is lovely! visiting from the CSI project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, Tanya!!! Love the style of the tree. :) Lucky you for getting to go see Michael Buble!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very cute! I'd definitely want that over someone's garbage! Have fun tonight : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Too bad for the other party-goers...you get to keep it!
    Enjoy the concert (I'm jealous)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I meant to say thanks for linking to my party :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I want one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You outdid yourself again!! This is beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy yourself to the max tonight! And your towel is SO cute. . . are you selling them?? Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute towel! The husband has his work party this weekend..and I'll probably end up with toilet paper or a Slinky - haha.

    I hope you are having a blast tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute towel! It would also be a great gift for neighbors or teachers to go along with the cookies I always make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is very cute - I love the combination of fabrics. Sorry to read you had to miss your parties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that towel is SUPER CUTE! Way to go! come visit over at EVERYTHING else I LOVE!
    www.foodfuncreativenessandgardening.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That came out simply adorable! You might consider linking it up to my holiday home decor linky: http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com/grown-up-crafts-hand-made-holidays-winter-home/

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is ADorABLe!1 I love the design! Really fantastic!

    ~Andy
    www.poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is SO cute! I would like a whole kitchen set, please! :)
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete