Monday, April 12, 2010

HOT HOAGIE LOVE

Today I thought I would share a new favorite of mine.  My sister directed me to one of her favorite recipe blogs MyKitchenCafe and to one of her family's favorites - Hot Hoagies.  I had everything I needed, so I threw it together for supper the other night.  It did not disappoint. 


Hot Hoagies


(from Tiffany M.)



1 loaf french bread, cut lengthwise

2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (in a pinch, you can use two large cans chicken breast)

1/2 cup light mayo

1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

2 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)

2 cups shredded cheese (I used a combo of monterey jack and sharp cheddar cheese)

Olives, chopped (0ptional – I omit these due to my kids’ preferences)



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place french bread on large baking sheet. Mix all topping ingredients together in a bowl. Spread topping evenly on top of both lengths of french bread. Bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and edges are lightly browned. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.

Actually, I did leave out the parsley and substitute dried minced onion for green onion.  It still turned out fantstic.  I also topped mine with a little Provalone and let it melt on top.  FABULOUS!  



Here's my picture.  It's not near as pretty as Mel's without the green parsley.  Maybe you should go look at hers.  It was good no matter what it looked like.  I served with a big ole green salad and it was MARVELOUS!!

Check out Mel's blog sometime.  She's got some great stuff on there.  Thanks Kelly for the dinner suggestion.

I'm linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.

8 comments:

  1. Yuuuuum! My hubs wouldn't eat this b/c of the cheese, but that means more for the rest of us. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that was an eye catching blog title...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a good, quick, and easy dinner idea. I need as many of those as I can get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious! I love a good sandwich! I will have to check out that site 'cause I am always looking for some good recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, nothing better than a great hot sandwich. Thanks for sharing with Tasty Tuesday but make sure you add a link back so everyone can join in the fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm...that looks DE-lish! I am starving now...thanks! I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is making me hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete