Monday, May 3, 2010

Damask Love



I have loved damask for as long as I can remember.  When I was five, my grandmother had her dining room decorated in damask.  The walls were covered with avacado flocked damask wallpaper.  Maybe that's where the damask love stems from.  No matter where it started, it's an obsession.  I have to stop myself from covering everything in my house with damask.  Luckily, there is a monetary issue that stops me or I might overuse and tire of it. 

I've been thinking about redoing the kids bathroom.  Look at some of the gorgeous items I have come across while searching for a damask shower curtain:  


  Damask rug from Horchow.  I am in LOVE!


Gorgeous bedding, also from Horchow.



Damask wallpaper from???? (I forgot where I picked this photo up - sorry!)

This obsession of mine does extend out of the black and white colorway.  Let me show you a few examples.


Photo from Madison Ave. Gifts.  GORGEOUS!!!


My cute new tote!  (I LOVE orange!)

Last, but not least, check out this cool trash bag for your car: 

Allyson Hill's etsy shop.  How gorgeous is that?  I love the fabric, Joel Dewberry's Tanzanite, I believe.  It's GORGEOUS!!  It's a little too small for my filthy car, but GORGEOUS!!!  


I even make my daughter's clothes out of damask. 

As you can see, I am obsessed!  I've even passed this obsession on to my oldest child.  While visiting a very high end fabric shop a few days ago, my 12  year old, "C", ran straight to the huge bolt of stunning purple and gold damask and yelled across the store:  "MOM!  Look at this purple damask!  It's so pretty!  Can I have some?"  The lady who worked there was so impressed with her knowledge of pattern.  I was so proud!  Weird, huh? 

Do you have a pattern obsession? I would love to hear about it. 

5 comments:

  1. I, too, have a damask obsession! My son's room walls are painted green and his bedding is black and white damask... it's my room until he's old enough to have an opinion, right? ;) If I have it my way, once this monster of a remodel is finished, every room will have it's own damask sprinkled in another color. It was probably my granmother's yellow damask furniture that got me hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like damask too! I LOVE that orange tote. Very envious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love damask and don't have a bit in my home. That's sad! You are training your daughter right. I'll bet that the ladies in the sewing shop went home and told a story about your daughter being able to identify damask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Damask. I would have everything in that pattern if I could:)

    Love the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And little girl clothes made out of damask are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete