Thursday, November 3, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas Already

Well, I saw my first Hallmark Christmas commercial this morning.  Let the tears begin.  Christmas is less than two months away.  Time flies!  My week has been filled with preparing for our school's annual silent auction.  Each class is responsible for making a themed basket.  I am room mother, so I was in charge of making our basket.  Our theme this year....CHOCOLATE!  MMMMM!  So, I collected money from parents went shopping and begged for a few donations from local businesses.  I even made a small kitchen towel for the basket. 


Why zebra in a chocolate basket?  Well, I was looking for a big beverage tub to put everything in, but I couldn't find one big enough that wasn't a TON of $$.  So, I went to Gordman's where I found a big basket with a zebra liner.  So, our theme became "Wild About Chocolate", and therefore the zebra towel.  I also found a green giraffe insulated cup.  I secretly wanted it for myself.  I gotta go back and get me one of those.  So cute!


This is what it looked like:



Also this week, I've been preparing for a craft show this weekend.  I've been crazy busy trying to get some things sewn up and watching over the new puppies.  I'll let ya know how it goes and I'm hoping to have a new tutorial up next week.  See ya then!  Gotta get back to sewing.



Signature

4 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! Well done, there will be a silent auction for an old schoolhouse here on Saturday, I can't wait to see all the wonderful things! Hope yours goes well,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am nuts about the theme. That was a wonderful idea! I wish that I had thought about that when we threw a chocolate themed birthday party for my OLDER sister (ahem) last year.

    It could actually be applied to anything, couldn't it? I love it and since you live so far away, I hope you don't mind if I plan to steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your "Wild About Chocolate" theme. I'll bet that your basket will go quickly. Good luck with your show this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, this is so awesome!! LOVE the zebra print and the theme you came up with! I just stumbled onto your blog; and I am so glad I did! LOVE IT! I am now your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me, too! Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete