Monday, November 21, 2011

Ramblings of a Caffeine Addicted Insomniac

Well, it's almost 1:00 a.m. and I am awake.  Why?  I assume it is because I chose to drink Dr. Pepper this evening, which is something I haven't been doing the last few months.  As much as I am cursing caffeine right now, I will be singing its praises in about five and half hours when I roll my big behind out of bed.  ugh!  So, ya know what's bad about caffeine?  Not only does it keep me up, but it keeps me up because my brain won't shut up.  So, because I'm pretty sure I have Adult ADD, and can only stay on one topic for a very short period of time before my brain switches gears, this post may be very random.  Therefore, I apologize.

So, I was thinking about the kids' Christmas list.  There is soooo much I want to get them this year.  I think because they are getting so much bigger, they want more expensive stuff, ya know?  Too bad my cash flow hasn't increased along with the size of their list.  So, anyway, I was thinking about Black Friday.  You see, I go shopping on Black Friday almost every year.  I used to love it.  Now, not so much.  You see, as I get older, the less I want to fight the crowd just to save $6 on some random toy.

YIKES!

Most of the stuff my kids want, isn't even on sale.  Sure, there is a computer game on J's list that is on sale at Wal-Mart for $4 less than the regular price.  But let's be honest, is a $4 savings really worth all of that trouble?  In my younger days, I would have said yes.  Now, I'm not so sure.  Maybe I'll sleep instead or stay at home and shop online in my jammies.  Hmmmm!  I'm sure if I shop, I'll once again be singing the praises of caffeine.  HA! 

Speaking of jammies, I'm dying for these:


Aren't they cute???  I love my VS flannel pajamas!  You know what else I love?  I love it when I am on the VS website and my Hubby leans over my shoulder and says something like, "I like that.  That's a cute ________" pajamas, bra, outfit, whatever.  And I think, "Um, yes, it looks really good on that size 0, big boobed model, doesn't it?  I'm afraid it wouldn't look quite the same on my squatty 5'4" big ole pear shaped self."  I always have to tell him to pick something that would look good on someone built like ME!  Do y'all have that problem? 

Just thought I'd share a picture of my babies.  Aren't they sweet? 

We've already sold two of our puppies and they just turned three weeks old.  I mean, they won't go to their new homes for another three or four weeks, but they are sold.  They just started walking and are so cute on their wobbly little legs.  I'm trying so hard not to get attached.  I've named four of them.  Hubby told me not to name them, but I can't help it.  It's a good thing they poop a lot and woke me up whining this morning.  That helps remind me that I don't want them all to stay with me forever and ever.  Maybe just one of them.

Okay friends, I've got to go to bed.  Hopefull my Melatonin has kicked in and the rain will lull me to sleep.  I've got a room full of first graders to look forward to tomorrow. 





Signature

5 comments:

  1. The big question is: Did Tanya managed to get up this morning or is she still sleeping off her Dr. Pepper? Ha!

    I love how you said your brain wouldn't shut up. That's a perfect description.

    I don't do the Black Friday sales usually. If there is something I really need at a terrific price, I guess I would do it again. I hate crowds.

    Lauging about the VS on the pear. Around here, it's becoming an apple. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the red and white VS pjs. Sorry to hear about the insomnia - I have been there again lately myself as well. The pups are adorable! I also used to be one of those who went shopping on Black Friday - it was a tradition with me and my best friend for a solid 15 years - no husbands, no kids - just us and it was AWESOME! Too tired to do that anymore - miss it terribly - or the time with her at least! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those pajamas in the catalog we got the other day! Those are really cute AND they look good on everyone!

    I completely agree about Black Friday. As I get older, I don't have the patience for crowds and stupid people. Everything will still be there the next day, people. Relax.

    Hope you got some sleep! Now I'm kinda second-guessing my diet coke...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so funny! I wonder what my posts would sound like if I couldn't sleep? I love your new babies! They are adorable and just in time for Christmas presents, right?
    Speaking of VS, YES! I just got a velour powder blue set for me. Or my daughter, she likes them, she may steal them.
    Melatonin is my friend, I take 3 mgs. and I'm out like a puppy after nursing ;)
    HUGS, funny chick!
    ~me

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the comment about not having patience for crowds and stupid people! That's so true. I've never been a Black Friday shopper. Just the thought of it makes me crazy.

    I can't do Dr. Pepper in the evenings either. And like you, my mind won't shut up. It's so frustrating.

    I am a pear too, and there just aren't that many things out there that flatter. It's hard to shop for clothes isn't it?

    ReplyDelete