Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Honeybun Cake aka "Crack Cake"

So, some of you know my obsession with cinammon and sugar.  I crave cinnamon toast and cinammon rolls and this is amazing cake is my other major craving. 

I first had Honeybun Cake at my friend Brad's house.  It was his birthday and his mom invited me over to have some birthday cake.  It was his favorite and one bite of it and it was one of my favorites too.  Brad's mom gave me the recipe that same night and I have been obsessed with it ever since. 

So, here it is....welcome to my obsession.  Before you make this cake, I have one warning.  Apparently these few simple ingredients, when combined, make crack.  Granted, I know nothing about crack, or drugs of any kind, but this cake is so addictive, it must be crack.  One taste and you will not be able to stop eating until you are full as a tick and sick to boot.  Just sayin.  Also, it is absolutely imperative that you have a freakin' huge, mondo, enormous glass of milk beside you at all times while consuming this cake.  Okay, that concludes the warning portion of this post.  Here we go.

HONEYBUN CAKE


1 box yellow cake mix (I use Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Golden)
2/3 c. oil
4 eggs
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. brown sugar
3 tsp. cinnamon
Chopped nuts (I leave out the nuts)

Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, sour cream and granulated sugar; pour into 9 x 13 inch pan. Mix together brown sugar, cinnamon and nuts; swirl into batter. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.



ICING:

1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 tsp. milk

Mix together icing ingredients and pour over cake while still HOT. Serves 8 to 10.



Let's just pretend for a moment, shall we?  Let's pretend that this cake "looks" as it good as it tastes.  Let's pretend my oven wasn't sitting crooked and baked everything evenly and not all wopper-jawed (yes, that's a word).  And, as long as we're pretending, let's pretend I am a size 8 with no gray hair.  Okay?  Now, go eat and don't worry because your cake will look better than mine - unless your oven is crooked too. 

I am linking up to: 

Tempt my Tummy Tuesday Tuesday Night Supper Club








Signature

11 comments:

  1. I LOVE this cake!! My mom makes it for every celebration!! Crack cake is the perfect name for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! My "size 8" waist would LOVE this! Looks RIGHT up my alley. Thanks for sharing - but I'm totally putting in the nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no.. don't tell me that this is that good.. now I'm going to have to go buy yellow cake mix! Anything cinnamon just calls to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to eat healthy and you're tempting me with this yummy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that sounds good. I'm going to print it out to try one of these days. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds too good to be true. Sometimes, a recipe just is right and this is one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty darn yummy looking even if it is all caddy-whompas....
    thank you for linking up to tuesday night supper club...glad to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Love your "AKA Crack Cake"! LOL! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA! I love your game of let's pretend.
    So I'll answer this thusly:

    I'm so glad that I'm 5' 6'' and a size 2 with a kicker metabolism so that I can enjoy this cake... slice after slice after slice... and never gain a pound.

    Lucky me! Woohooo!

    But seriously, it sounds absolutely delicious, and I don't think it LOOKS bad either... No pretending necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum. Next time I need some ooey gooey comfort food, I'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete