Monday, June 20, 2011

Father's Day at the Lake

Did everyone have a great Father's Day Weekend?  We did.  We spent the weekend with mom and dad for Father's Day.  It was nice and warm and beautiful outside


but the water was still a little chilly.  L couldn't decide if he was ready to brave the cold water or not.


We spent a lot of time floating around on top of the water and getting a little sun. 

Saturday night, Dad made plans to take the kids to the Demolition Derby.  I'm not sure about you, but the closest I've ever gotten to a Demolition Derby is watching one on Happy Days.

Remember this?  Fonzie's partner and girlfriend Pinky Lee got hurt during the derby. 

Anyway, Daddy and Hubby took J and E to the derby and they had a great time.

Grandad, J and E at the derby.

They each picked out their favorite cars.  E ended up picking that lovely green one behind them.  I'm pretty sure she would've preferred a pink car, but I don't think she complained too much about the lack of girly colored cars. 

She would've loved this one.

It was a great weekend with two of the best dad's in the world - my dad and my Hubby.  We are so blessed!

 








Signature

3 comments:

  1. I DO remember that episode. I've never been to a demolition derby, but I think the kids would love it. There was a movie back when I was kid called "The North Avenue Irregulars" where they had a demolition derby. It was so hysterical! If you can ever find it for your kids, they would probably like it, especially now.

    I'm glad you had a great lake adventure for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.....looks like a FUn, FUn day!!!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A day at the lake sounds like a perfect Father's Day to me. I've never been to a demolition derby and I'm pretty sure that I never will. I'll bet the kids enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete