Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Decorating Dilemmas Party!!!

Amanda at Serenity Now is having a Decorating Dilemmas Party.  I'm excited because boy do I have my share of dilemmas!  The link to the party is here.  Go and see what ya think!  Maybe you can help somebody else with their decorating dilemma.  Maybe you can help with mine.  That would be GREAT!  Here we go!


See that lovely bunch of wires hanging down on that wall?  That is where my big ole TV was.  It was a 60" big old TV that took up the whole wall.  We got a new TV this week and I need something on that wall.  As you can see the couch is floating in the middle of the room looking toward the fireplace and the TV's new home on the mantle.  HELP!  I do need some sort of storage over there, but nothing too obtrusive.  Is that a word?  Nothing that takes up to much depth in the room. 



This is the view from that wall.  I know this room needs LOTS of work!  Don't worry.   The TV is new and I do intend to hide the wires, etc and decorate the mantle.  I'm just not sure what to do about the blank wall in the other picture. 

Thanks for your help.  I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

P.S.  Please excuse my son.  I am sure he was curious as to why I was taking of pictures of something other than him. 

6 comments:

  1. I love that your son is each of the pictures - too funny (and cute)! :)

    I can see hanging a few shelves on the upper portion of the wall, and then (depending on the space available) maybe a small console table underneath with a few baskets for storage?

    Something like this for the shelves http://www.potterybarn.com/products/holman-shelf/?pkey=cbookcases-shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to look at Alanna Rose's link to PB and ended up seeing this picture:
    http://www.potterybarn.com/products/holman-shelf/?pkey=cbookcases-shelves

    I don't know if you have room for a piece like that on that wall, but it might be nice to have some storage. No wine racks if that's not your thing.

    OR try a photo wall with lots of black and whites of your family. I love those! Different sizes, hang some with ribbon, etc. Break it up with a neat platter hanging on the wall, or some plates, monogram, vinyl wall quote, etc.

    Love the color of your walls. :)

    Thanks for linking up. Having fun "mingling" at the party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think The Nester has some great wall decoration ideas in this post: http://www.thenester.com/2009/12/i-am-mary-but-not-the-one-you-are-thinking-of.html. You could customize any of them to fit your style/color theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys. I love the Pottery Barn shelves. I think I need something underneath for storage though. Heather, don't ya just love The Nester? I am totally coveting her black armoire in that post. UGH! I could just move right in her house and the plates were sooo cute! Thanks y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just how much storage are we talking here?

    I had the same thought about floating shelves and maybe a fab furniture piece that catches your eye at Goodwill and just needs a little paint. Is that a traffic flow area?

    If there's plenty of space for walking, I think instead of shelves, a beautified armoire might be nice, or if there's not much space, maybe the floating shelves with a cute table underneath painted to your liking? Something like this: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_-yWNMWcLo-Q/Sf8uB4dzJuI/AAAAAAAABxI/w2z8q89g7YA/s1600-h/shabby+chic+table+green

    I can definitely see how this is a challenge! Thanks so much for pointing me to Cade's Treehouse. Absolutely beautiful! And I hadn't even thought of framing fabric instead of wallpaper. Duh, Meg! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell how much space you have... but what about repurposing a long, low dresser for the space? Above it, you could add framed pictures to the wall.

    ReplyDelete