Monday, January 11, 2010

Jake in High Def!

We had a great weekend.  Hubby was off and the Cowboys actually won a playoff game!  WOO HOO!  I sure hope next week's game goes as well.  One thing that will make it better for me is the addition to the family.  Yes, we got a new TV.  It's sad that I get so excited about a new TV, but I can't help it.  I LOVE TV and it will be so nice to be able to tell what color jersey my team is wearing. 

We got a hand me down big screen TV (thanks to my in-laws) that has been threatening to go out for MONTHS!  We decided that we would have to replace it when we got some tax money back.  Well, today my hubby called and told me that he saw a GREAT deal on a 42" from Wal-Mart.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!



This is what we have had.  I love it, but it takes up an entire wall in an already too small room.  (Please excuse all the junk on the top of the TV.  I'm trying to get organized, really I am!) 



This is the new guy.  I love him so much I think I'll name him.  How about Phillip?  That makes sense.  


Now, I know what you decorating professionals may be thinking.  You are thinking that a TV should be hidden and the fireplace should be the focal point of the room and the mantle should be decorated, etc.  Oh well.  What can I say?  I love my TV and at least it's on the same wall as the fireplace.  I'm sure I'll decorate around the TV, just as soon as I get rid of the instruction manual, etc. sitting beside it in the picture. 

This addition to our family means two very important things.  1)  I get to rearrange my living room.  I need a rug and some tables, etc.  Bad thing is, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl and it may take MONTHS to find something I like that I can redo and/or afford.  But, boy will I have fun!  AND 2) I get to watch The Bachelor in high definition tonight.  WOO HOO!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! A new member of the family...I'm so excited for you guys. It looks great! Now the real question is what are you going to do with a WHOLE WALL??? HMMM......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you are enjoying it! We just got a flat screen for the kitchen. I was against it and now I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete