Sunday, February 14, 2010

NEW DAMASK PHOTO MAT

So, I've been painting this weekend and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it.  I just stand in my dining room and soak in the beautiful red that I finally settled on.  I LOVE IT! 

While I was standing there loving my new room, I realized that my photos would not work in this new room.  That is, the mats around the photos wouldn't work.  They are baby blue, which just doesn't gehaw with my room (y'all say gehaw, right?  it means it doesn't work well with something else).  This is the picture before. 



This is one of my very favorite pictures.  This is my daughter C dressed and ready for my wedding when she was three (yes, I was previously married).  My new sister-in-law got her this gorgeous silver tea service to play with while the rest of us were getting in our attire.  It's been hanging in my dining room since my MIL and SIL hung it there years ago(I told ya I didn't hang stuff).  This is a pottery barn frame my MIL bought me and I just LOVE it, but the mat, as I said, didn't gehaw. 

I got out my beloved Michael Miller Dandy Damask which I have used on previous projects (such as this).  I decided to wrap my fabric around the back of the mat and mount the picture on top.  I think it turned out pretty cute.  What do you think?

This is it on the wall - my beautiful new wall. 

 

Sorry about the glare.  The picture is actually hanging straight, I just apparently can't hold the camera straight.  

I'm linking up with Make Your Monday at Twice Remembered and Making the World Cuter, It's So Very Cheri and DIY Day at A Soft Place.

10 comments:

  1. Great job! Isn't it great what a little fabric or spray paint can do to something?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks very nice! What color red did you end up choosing? It looks so rich in the photo, can't wait to see the big picture.

    Take care, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! :) A great *new* mat. You DR red looks similar to mine. Mine has been red for too long though...I'd ready for a change. :) Enjoy your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love damask. I find myself repeatedly drawn to it. it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! And it matches your blog- how perfect!

    I saw you were featured today at Homebody Holly's-- congrats! I love BOTH your blog and hers, too :)

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great idea! I love the way it looks! I have some pictures that I'm repainting the frames, but the mats have to be changed too. I was thinking scrapbook paper and I love my damask ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! The new red paint, AND the new made-over mat! Love "gehaw", um how do you pronounce it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! And I love how it hangs with the ribbon.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great under the red wall.

    ReplyDelete