Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Nate Berkus

Are y'all watching The Nate Berkus Show?  I love it!  Nate was made famous by appearing and redoing rooms on The Oprah Winfrey Show.  His designs are amazing.  I have always loved him, but I was so excited to find out he was starting his own show.  It's been on since October.  You know what I love most about this show?  It's not all about expensive designer pieces.  He does LOTS of segments about decorating on a budget with everyday items and how to reproduce expensive items.  Very crafty!  He also does lots of segments on fashion and cooking as well as hving some famous guests, such as Laura Linney and Jennifer Nettles.  I've seen several segments on Flea Marketing as well. 

On the segment below, he filled two crates with identical crafty items and posed a challenge to two friends.  Who is the better decorator with what they were provided?  The crate provided fabric, glue, tape, safety pins, pom poms and other crafty supplies.  Nothing expensive and nothing fancy.  The rooms they came up with were fabulous!  Watch and see what you think.



 
Nate comes on at 10:00 a.m. on Fox in Arkansas.  Click here to see when and where to find Nate's show in your area.  You can thank me later.
 
**I am not being compsensated in ANY way for this review, however, I would be happy to accept any decorating help that Nate wants to pass along to me.  HA!  New Master Bedroom ala Nate Berkus?  No really, I just know some of my bloggy friends would enjoy the show.
 
 
 

Signature

5 comments:

  1. I haven't watched yet..but I've seen clips - looks great!
    Time to record a few to watch when the kiddies go to bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched it a couple of times. I saw the 2 crate challenge. I agree he is a more down to earth person and helps us creatively challenged produce something wonderful. It's on here in Louisville at 3 p.m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently set the DVR to record it, but I've yet to see a whole show. I'm looking forward to sitting down to a Nate marathon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Nate's show!!! I know he got a bad rap b/c the bloggers' show didn't go well, but I think he seems like a kind, friendly guy. He is so talented!! I think his design work is amazing, and I'd sure love to have him come help me out with some rooms in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to set my DVR to record his show so that I can watch it.

    ReplyDelete