Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Applique Dish Towel

Y'all know I love a cute dishtowel, right?  I made this one last year for Valentine's Day.



I made several more for Halloween and Christmas that I shared with y'all, but I realized I never shared the one I made for my MIL for Christmas.  Wanna see? 



Her name is Mary, hence the "M".  My MIL is a wine drinking chocolate lover.  We made her a basket with two wine glasses decorated with the matching "M" vinyl, which I got from The Preppy Farmer.  She totally rocks and was extremely helpful.  I forgot to take a picture of the glasses and the finished basket.  The basket was also filled with pink tissue and lots of chocolate. 


Okay here is picture of the basket half way disassembled, but at least you can see the glasses.  Cute, huh?


I sure am ready for my kids to outgrow the spilling of chocolate milk and red Kool-Aid so I can make a cute kitchen towel for myself.  I guess it's good that they clean up their own messes but it's NOT good that they use my kitchen towels to do the cleaning up before I can stop them. 

I've seen some really cute Valentine's crafty goodness popping up everywhere.  I'm feeling inspired.  I'm hoping to get some stuff started today.  They're calling for ice and snow tomorrow.  I wonder if I'm gonna have another 3 day weekend with the kids.  They haven't had a full week of school since before Christmas, not even to mention I do NOT need anymore snow ice cream.  Oh well.  We'll see!

Have a great Wednesday!



Signature

9 comments:

  1. Since you can make such beautiful towels yourself, I say go ahead and make some for yourself--and use them! If they get stained, oh well. At least you will have enjoyed them! Maybe you can make the appliques out of fabric that won't fade if it's bleached. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Richella! or make some frou- frou white ones that can be bleached!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love your dishtowels and these do not disappoint! SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute! I'll have to look around your site a bit here to see if you have a tutorial. If not feel like posting one??? My Mom LOVES her dishtowels too and I have gotten really into seasonal towels myself:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so cute!! Can't wait to see what you whip up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, cute gift!!! And the towel is seriously adorable. LOVE it!

    Also...I'm with ya on the kids using the good towels to clean up horrid messes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More winter weather? It seems like you just had snow.

    I agree with the others, make yourself a cute towel and enjoy it. If it gets stained, it will still be cute.

    Your mil had to have been thrilled with her Christmas gift. The towel and wine glasses are fabulous! Wine and chocolate...My kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that gorgeous "M" towel!!! So so pretty. :) You did a great job, Tanya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE these and your homeade gift! Great blog - I'm your newest follower!

    www.barefootbysea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete