Friday, April 8, 2011

Zumba and Spring Brights

So, I went to my first Zumba class last night.  It was actually fun.  We had one girl that just gave up and walked out.  I did good though.  It took me awhile to get the moves down, but I sucked it up, embraced my inner dork and Zumbad with the skinny girls.  I shook my groove thang, literally.  Luckily, I was in the back of the class so nobody had to see my groove thang shake.  AND, the good news is that I'm not that sore, so I can still hit the gym this morning.  Wanna know what inspires me most about working out?  New spring fashions.  Shallow?  Well, maybe, but ya gotta go with what works for ya, right?  Right.  So, brights are really hot this spring.  These are a few of my favorites:


Michael Kors



Express



The orange dress above is by Lipsy.  It's my favorite!  I have a thing for off the shoulder dresses.  Which means, I desperately need to get my arms and shoulders in shape.  I wonder if this dress comes in Extra Beefy Jumbo?  Hmmmm.  Oh well, it's not like I had an extra $160 to spend on a dress anyway.  Not to mention that it's awfully short and I'm not the most ladylike.  I'd hate for people to see too much of my groove thang if I dropped something.  Yikes!  Moving on...


Gorgeous Ralph Lauren dress.  Isn't it pretty?  I am sure I need something like this for all the fancy parties I go to......in my imagination. 

Speaking of brights, I thought I'd share the outfit I made E to go with her flip flops with interchangeable bows


Don't ya just love Heather Bailey fabric?  Such pretty bright colors!  She's ready for spring.  Okay, I'm headed to the gym now that I've had a dose of inspiration.  Happy Friday!


Signature

8 comments:

  1. E is adorable!!!

    Congrats on Zumba - I hear it's a blast..
    and there's nothing like bright colors to make you want to get in shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love E's new outfit!

    Mr. SP's sister teaches Zumba. I doubt that my body would shake that way without pre-class cocktail and I think that would defeat the purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I considered Zumba for a couple of weeks. Then I saw an infomercial about it. Wha?! Huh?! My body won't do that, thank you very much. So I say, "Good for you dear." and I hope you have fun and good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting a membership at the Y~ Can't wait to try that class. I have heard so many great things about it.. but you can bet I will be at the back of the class.. No "A" student for this class.. lol

    Love your daughters outfit.. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had fun at Zumba...good for you for sticking with it!
    Speaking of showing too much groove thang, I saw a Designed to Sell episode last week and the homeowner was wearing a very short dress; when she was sitting down watching the walk-thru, I am positive you could see her undies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too am motivated by fashion! And I LOOOOVE bright colors!

    Maybe you could wear that Lipsy dress as a shirt?

    Awesome that you liked the class! I need to get my butt back in gear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - I love, love, love that orange dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, I love the clothes you make for your little girl- they're so fun and colorful! E is such a cutie pie. The purple Ralph Lauren dress is what I'm planning to wear (in my imagination, too) when I meet my sparkly vampire!! ; Sorry, maybe that's TMI!

    ReplyDelete