Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

Well, Hubby had to work Saturday, but we did get to head to mom and dad's Sunday.  We ate some yummy grilled burgers and hot dogs and hit the lake. 


The kids had a great time playing in the water.  Mom and I had a great time floating on the rafts and getting some sun. 

Looks very relaxing, doesn't it?  Let's just pretend that that is me in the picture. 

While Memorial Day is officially the beginning of the summer lake season, it is much more than that.  Memorial Day is the day we pay tribute to our fallen soldiers


 and the soldiers who serve and protect us every day. 


For this, I am eternally grateful.  Today we celebrate you.  Thank you for your service.  May God protect you and bring you home safely to your families. 








Signature

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I love spending time at the lake! ♥ And it's HOT enough now! lol ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having a quiet Memorial Day - which suits me. Wholeheartedly agree with your tribute to our men and women who serve our country.
    Thank you for this great post,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That soldier kneeling photo is one of my favorite pictures of all time. I hope you had a good Memorial Day. One of my favorite days - thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day, Tanya. I see you posted that picture of me on the raft. I've always liked that picture...

    And that kneeling soldier picture really IS wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lake and grilled burgers sound heavenly! I have always enjoyed floating more than swimming! ;) We're all very fortunate to be able to enjoy these wonderful times thanks to the soldiers who have and are protecting us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe I'm so dreaming that is me in that bathing suit :)

    Great photos and tribute :)

    ReplyDelete