Monday, May 2, 2011

Weekend of Surprises and A New Career?

Well, did everyone have a good weekend?  I did!  I had a hot date with Hubby Friday night AND I got an early Mother's Day present.  WOO HOO! 

That's right!  I finally got an iphone.  Welcome to the 21st century, Tanya!  WOO HOO!  I love this thing.  I've been coveting my Hubby's iphone for over a year.  I was supposed to get one for my birthday, but I told Hubby to wait until it dropped in price.  I think he got tired of me griping about my junker phone, which was a hand me down of his.  So, he surprised me with it Thursday night. 

We spent the weekend watching the NFL Draft.  I'm so excited about football season!  Now if the multi-millionares would just quit fighting over $$, we could all begin the countdown to the first preseason game.  Go Cowboys!!!!

In other random news, I'm thinking about a new career.  You see, Hubby loves buffalo wings.  I always thought they looked a little yucky.  A few weeks ago we ventured to a new restaurant in town, Hubby got wings and I decided to try them. Oh my gracious!  They were amazing!  I had no idea what I had been missing.  We ordered some Saturday night.  I looked a little like this:


This is Sonya and she is a professtional eater.  If Saturday night is any indication, I think I might could take her.  Those wings were lip burning, finger licking good!  MMMM!  I wonder if there is enough $$ in professional eating to offset the huge weight gain?  Hmmm.  Probably not. 

My other surprise came yesterday with an email from Paula @ Sweet Pea and Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki.  Paula was having a giveaway for Shaklee samples and I won.  I've never been so excited about cleaning.  WOO HOO!  Thanks Paula!  Thanks Kristina!

Well, it's going to be a busy week.  In the next seven days, we'll celebrate Cinco de Mayo , Teacher Appreciation Week AND Mother's Day.  I better get started. 





Signature

11 comments:

  1. OK...I definitely have cell phone envy! You lucky girl, you! Our contract doesn't run out until Feb., so I won't be getting an iPhone until then...BUMMER! Enjoy your snazzy new gadget! Hey...if you ever want to have a wing eating contest...I'm in...and you're going DOWN! I'd have no mercy, either! :) Hope you have a great Monday, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an AWESOME buffalo chicken dip recipe if you want it! It tastes just like them

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY on the new phone - I'm jealous!!

    I love the comparison to competitive eating - I get like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has an fancy phone, but I opted out. What was I thinking? I am always stealing his phone.

    I think you should totally go for the competitive eating career. I've seen some very slender women really hold there own. It's all about pacing.

    I've never had a desire to eat wings either. After reading your post, maybe I will rethink my position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wings, as long as they aren't too hot. I'd probably do better in a cookie eating contest over wings.

    Congratulations on your new phone. You are going to have fun with that!

    You've got a lot of celebrating to do this week. Mother's Day sure is early, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. A professional eater??? Who knew?
    And just like with everything else in my life, I give it up for free. Wait. That didn't sound right...

    Congratulations on the schmancy new Iphone.
    I'll be my clunker is worse that your old clunker, but I will NOT complain since it's my one piece of technology that works the way it should.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo jealous of your iPhone. My phone is from 1785.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, an iPhone! So jealous. :) Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what's funny? I had date night with my husband on Friday too and he bought me an iPhone too!I am LOVING it! So many cool apps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too funny :) So glad you got the iPhone! There are some great apps for kids on there :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You never had chicken wings before! I am sooo glad you finally jumped on that experience. Now that is a food love that we DO have in common!

    I'm a Cowboys fan too! I used to have a big poster of Troy Aikman hanging up in my bedroom.

    Yay for your new phone! I still have a cheap-o phone. But it's all good. Maybe someday I'll be one of the cool kids.

    ReplyDelete