Tuesday, March 30, 2010

HOT CORN EASTER TRADITION

Easter is just a few days away therefore, I have Easter/holiday food on the brain.  I thought I would share one of my family's favorite recipes for EVERY holiday that comes up.  It is so simple and so yummy!  I know this is a popular recipe in the south, so some of you probably make this already.  For those of you who don't, try it.  It's AWESOME! 



The ingredients are:

White Shoepeg Corn (5 cans)
1 stick of butter
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese and 1 (3 oz.) cream cheese
fresh jalapenos (about 3) 
Crock Pot 

Put butter and cream cheese in crock pot and melt in microwave.  Drain corn and add to crock pot.  Dice jalapenos (I take out seeds and veins first).  Add jalapenos to crock point.  Stir and microwave for 3-4 minutes.  Let cook on low in crock pot for at least 30 minutes on low.    Enjoy.

So sorry I don't have a picture, but I'm not making this until Sunday. 

I'm linking up with Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Serenity Now Thanksgiving Recipe Round Up

**This dish is not HOT if you take out the seeds and veins in the jalapenos.**

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good, but...is there something you can substitute for the peppers? I have "issues" with hot stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Is this like a dip?? Sounds delish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the twist on this.

    We make this without the peppers as a side dish frequently. I'll have to add the peppers next time. My husband will love it!

    I'm here from Amanda's blog where you linked up!

    I hope you'll be by to check out my recipes as well.

    I think you'll like one of them, based on the fact that you like peppers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, that looks good! Ha, it took me awhile to register that this was an older post. I was all not Easter, Thanksgiving:-) Visiting from Serenity Now's Thanksgiving recipe round up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm from the south and I am not familiar with this...but I'm liking the sound of it! Thanks for sharing. I'm stopping by from Amanda's.

    ReplyDelete