Monday, March 1, 2010

NEW FURNITURE

Bloggy friends, today I would like to introduce you to my new piece of furniture.  Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!  YEA! 



Isn't she gorgeous?  I would LOVE to tell you that I got it at Goodwill for $35 like my friend Holly, but that would be a big fat lie.  I did buy it on sale, but not for $35, unfortunately.  I got it at a kids furniture store.  It was in the bedroom furniture section.  We paid for it and they put it in the backroom until we could come back and pick it up.  When we got home, we realized they had left it FULL of duvet covers, pillows, curtains, etc.  It was so full the doors would barely shut.  There was easily $1,000 worth of merchandise in there.    It's a good thing I'm a honest girl!  I returned it all the next week.  Boy, were they surprised.

Anyway, look at all the crap stuff I can fit in there. 



Isn't that GREAT?  I know I should be really embarassed to show you all my junk, but considering all of this stuff used to sit out in the open, this is AWESOME!  I have a place for cookbooks, homework, crayons, Play Doh (which, BTW, I HATE!), platters, crock pots, etc.  YEA! 

We'll be painting the kitchen this weekend (hopefully).  YEA!

6 comments:

  1. I love it! That's a really pretty piece. How weird that they left all that stuff in it!
    A long time ago, when we still used credit cards, we used one to buy an armoire that we otherwise would not have been able to afford. I never regretted it, because I loved so much being able to hide everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is pretty! Some people have the gene to be able to find "used" furniture and refinish or repurpose it, but not me! I'm all about furniture shopping. You might even say I'm a furniture store junkie...
    I'm impressed that you returned all their stuff to them too. Many people would not have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! That's what a storage piece is for, right? Storing your stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tanya, it is just beautiful... and you ARE an honest girl! I bet that they didnt know what to do with you returning it all! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. Goodness. That would look PERFECT in my house!!!!! I want!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! It's gorgeous! And kudos for being honest!

    ReplyDelete