This has been a crazy week for me because I have had a sick baby this week, but I had to post my progress for Amanda's Show Me The Progress Party. I haven't made a lot of progress, but I have made a little. This is my before picture. You can see the original post here.
My problem was the space on top of my cabinets. There is only about 12" of space up there so not much room for display not to mention I didn't know what to display. I talked about losing the whole red, white and blue theme.
This is the progress so far.
I FINALLY got my kitchen painted red. I've been living with red splotches on my wall for over a year trying to find the right color and I finally found it! YEA!!!! It's Sherwin Williams Stolen Kiss, if anyone is wondering. Other things have improved since this picture was taken.
1. My fridge is cleaned off. My Hubby nearly thought I had bought a new fridge since he couldn't remember what it looked like.
2. I bought some GREAT fabric which you can see here. I plan on making a faux roman shade for the kitchen window.....someday.
3. I'm planning on getting new canisters, but I'm torn on what kind. I'm loving plain old clear glass. I'm torn on whether to get fancy toppers with a fleur dis lis or something with a silver top and maybe the cute chalkboard labels with Flour, Sugar, Tea, etc. written on them.
4. You can't tell so much in the before photo, but my cabinets were COVERED with junk mail, small appliances, etc. I got a new piece of furniture for my adjoining dining room that stores my junk so my countertops are much cleaner. YEA!
5. As for the space on the top of the cabinets.......I'm still torn. Cherish gave me a great link for painted plates, which I LOVE. I bought some plates and paint, but I haven't had time to get to them yet.
I haven't made much progress yet, but considering it took me FOREVER to paint, it may take awhile to do this too.
Okay. I'm off to check on my sick baby. Y'all don't party to hard without me.